08 September 2010

First impression: Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls


Okay, lets be honest. The first few minutes after watching this show, it occurred to me that it looks similar to Strike Wicthes but instead of using something to help the girls fly in the air, this show used nothing. Absolute nada. They can pretty much stand on top of the plane with two samurai swords in their hands. It was like their feet have magnet or something.

That's logic #1 thrown out of the window.

Then they can pretty much cut the plane in two using only their swords.

Logic #2 fucked up.

Having said all of that, the art really got me excited. It is certainly eye catching.

The chart didn't say anything about this show being ecchi though so it was unexpected. With any other show I would have dropped it in millisecond but like I said the art made all the difference. I'm gonna stick around for at least a second episode then we can decide from there.

*edit: I did a background check on the production team. Arms are well known for ecchi/yuri/hentai-ish anime. I should have known -_-

5 minutes in, the male protagonist has already kissed the naked female protagonist thus pretty much claimed her as his. They happened to share the same name too. Fate? The rest of the episode is pretty much a flashback of how things came to be: Yagyuu meeting Sanada, the maid horniness for her master, naked chic, ninja chic, etc. It was a pretty decent episode and definitely have me geared up for the 2nd episode.

The title already hinted that this going to be a show with lots of girls. So like any other show like this, I will of course ended up with list of girls that I want to die. But I'm gonna save the name for the end review of this show, if I ever managed to finish it. This show is also a harem. I really don't like harem. It just retarded in my opinion so hopefully the story line will make up for it.

Though it says samurai, I am yet to see any real action going on. The fight scene was pretty much butchered by the ink dots and the production team took a safer road. No slashing, just the sound of it. Kinda lame though because I was hoping that we got to see lots of blood in this one.

The arts kinda remind me slightly of Tower of Druaga and some of the character sounds familiar especially that of Sanada but I didn't bother to check who are their seiyuus. The OP and ED kinda meh, not my cup of tea. *shrugs*



The good news is, by the end of the episode, I don't feel like I was watching Strike Witches anymore. Also yuri and ecchi fans would probably gonna love this one ^_^"

art & animation 8/10
story 6/10
character 6/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 7/10
overall 7/10

4 comments:

I'm telling you....this is the darkhorse this season. I hope that this is as good as Queen's Blade....I think it's made by the same people, although I'm not sure. I might write episodics about this show, not sure on that yet either.

It certainly feels like it has great potential atm but I'm not too sure about the ecchi yet.

love the art and character design. hoping the coming action wont disappoint, in terms of ecchi and fight scenes :P

i already forgot what else is new this season, will look forward to your other first impressions ^^

I'm looking forward to Togainu no Chi the most!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...